Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Preschool Fieldtrips: Zoo and Louie's Pizza

I can't believe that Allie has made it through a whole year of preschool and we are at the END of the school year; the time sure does go fast.  Allie is growing up so much.  Over the year we have gone into and are working our way out of (thankfully) a sassy, fit throwing, independent, difficult year of the three's.  Wow!!!  It was definitely worse than the two's.   Things are on the up and up and I am enjoying my sweet little girl again and learning to work through our Miss Independence issues.  


We celebrated our last weeks of school with a few field trips.  The first one we took was to the zoo for letter "z."  The kids had a great time running around together.  I can't believe this was the only picture that I ended up getting (I am really bad with my camera lately). 

The following week for our class party, we teamed up with another preschool and hit Louie's Pizza for a one-on-one pizza making session and tour of the pizza restaurant.  What a big hit this was, not only for the kids, but the mom's learned some interesting facts too.



Here are all the kids getting a lesson from none other than "Louie" himself.  Louie is the owner of the restaurant and I was so impressed that he would take the hour out of his schedule that he did to show the kids some of his pizza making skills and to give us a tour of his kitchen.


Allie spreading on her sauce; a daddy's girl at heart.  She ended up not putting on a lot of sauce, probably because her own daddy doesn't like too much sauce.


Next went the cheese and then the pepperoni.  One great fact that I learned was that the restaurant gets their cheese in 42 pound blocks and the restaurant goes through around 4-5 blocks each night.  That's a lot of cheese!


Some more friends working hard on their pizzas


After working hard on the pizzas and putting them into the oven, we took a tour of the kitchen.  We then got to reap the rewards of our hard work.  A yummy pepperoni pizza:)  I have to say "we" because I tried this yummy thin crusted pizza and I definitely will be going back to Louie's to indulge in some more.  


Thanks Louie's!!!

0 comments: