Thursday, June 17, 2010

Zoo Days and Dairy Parades

With the weather finally warming up, we have decided to venture outside.  One of our first stops was down to the zoo. 



The giraffe is one of my favorite animals.  I don't know if I've ever seen one sitting either, so it was quite an unusual site for me



The penguins were getting the water drained from the tank so it was fun to see them up out of the water.  They were very interactive waddling from window to window to see the kids



Hanging out with the penguin



We splurged and got to ride on the carousel.  Allie was thrilled to be riding the monkey



Taking a turn riding the tiger



Cute Olivia was thrilled to just be out of her stroller running around

Besides the zoo, we were able to hit up the Dairy Days Parade.  I don't know what it is about parades, but I just love them.  I know they are a little W.T., but the kids have fun, the mom's have fun and the dad's just hang back and chat, so everyone leaves happy.  The Dairy Days Parade is one of the best in town.  You get  free cheese, chocolate milk, milk shirts, and TCBY ice cream



The kids with their bags in hand; ready for the parade to begin and the candy to begin being tossed



I don't know what it is about the bagpipes, but they are my favorite too



I love that the kids just wave the whole time.  When did that tradition start anyways? Waving to each other in the parade.  Allie literally just sits and waves the entire parade; to cute:)

1 comments:

Owen's Blog said...

Fun times...glad you updated your blog...I need to do that too. Love that picture of Olivia..I need it!!