Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 10-GG's Party

Our final day arrived; GG was hosting a family reunion for all of my dad's cousins, aunts, uncles, etc....lots of people that we didn't know.  It's a tradition my grandma always does when we go visit so they can see my dad and whomever else is out from the West


One last morning for the girls to enjoy feeding the turkeys


The girls out back at GG's.  I just love my grandma's backyard


The little cousins had fun playing all afternoon.  We set up a volleyball net for the kids and whipped out the parachute  


Me and my cousins had fun wandering around my grandma's backyard reminiscing about how it used to be and the fun we used to have in the pond.  We actually found the old row boat we used to take out to the pond


The cousins enjoying the smorgasbord of food


GG visiting the little girls at their table


My grandma wanted her windmill to start working again.  The vines had gotten so tangled up and grown so tall they were preventing the wind mill from turning.  My awesome husband and cousin worked together to cut down the vines.  I watched as my husband climbed higher and higher hoping he wouldn't take a wrong step and fall.  The were able to successfully clear all vines and made my grandma's day


The girls getting ready to drive away in the tractor.  If Sophie would have been left any longer she would have figured out how to turn the thing on and would have been cruising around by herself


Papa taking the kids for one last spin out at GG's.  We were so sad to see this trip come to an end.  We always have such a great time out in Michigan and are so grateful for all our wonderful family that is back there.   Until next time in 2014 when we get to celebrate GG's 90th!!!

0 comments: