Friday, July 26, 2013

Final Swim Meet

The 8 weeks of daily swim practice has come to an end.  The final meet had arrived and Allie was so excited to finally sleep in once swim team was over.  I really enjoyed swim team because it kept us on somewhat of a schedule for the summer and it pushed Allie into doing something active every day.  I'm all about enjoying summer and being lazy but I don't think 1 hour of each day was to much of a sacrifice for anyone to make.  It was amazing to see Allie swimming in the end; she had really improved a lot throughout the summer.



The last time viewing our swim meet sign for the summer.  I think I'd heard so many people talk up how bad the meets were, they ended up not being so bad in my mind.  We camped out with friends, had food, games and seemed to get a thunderstorm that would blow through every meet which made for some exciting times



My little fish



Relay teams ready to race



The 3 Y city relay teams ready to compete in the Medley relay



Allie cheering on her team mate...just finished her back stroke in the Medley relay



Allie's medley team placed 1st....a blue ribbon


Allie getting ready to swim her breaststroke.  Allie did amazing at her final meet. There were 10 teams throughout the valley competing together.  Allie placed 3rd in the freestyle, 2nd in backstroke, 5th in the breaststroke and 1st in both of her relays.  Because there are so many kids competing they just place in there heats.  During the final swim party they got additional ribbons if they placed in the top 8 overall .  Allie was 6th overall in the backstroke out of 30+ kids her age. Hope all your hard work feels good Allie; you have worked hard and it shows!!!

1 comments:

Rocky said...

I am really surprised by the quality of your constant posts.You really are a genius, I feel blessed to be a regular reader of such a blog Thanks so much..Plz Visit My Blog-
অনলাইন কাজ
Latest Mobile Price in Bangladesh
চাকরির খবর 2021