Monday, June 30, 2008

June Updates on Allie

Funny words of Allies
Oatmeal- "Opla"
Milk- "Mimi"
Peek-A-Boo- "Cheach a Boo"
Binky- "Minchy"

Favorite songs
ABC's
Twinkle Twinkle
I love to see the temple

Favorite color
Orange

New things Allie has learned
Sing her ABC's
Count to 8
Knows her colors-orange, yellow, blue, pink, and white

Cute memories
6-11-08
We were driving in the car and I said "one." Allie followed me by counting all the way to 8! I was impressed. We have gone over numbers before but I didn't realize it would sink in so quickly.

6-12-08
While eating breakfast today Allie asked if I would cut her waffle up. I told her yes and proceeded to cut it up. Allie in the middle of me cutting up the waffle said, "thank you mommy" That is the first time she has said thank-you without me having to ask her to do so. How rewarding to know something is sinking in.

6-14-08
We were trying to go to sleep in our tent and Allie starts busting out the ABC song and sang it right from A to Z. She loves to play with her Leapster ABC's and I guess it finally sunk in

6-25-08
During lunch I finished my bowl of applesauce. Allie proceeded to say "mommy all done." She then grabbed my empty bowl and started scooping her applesauce into my bowl and then handed me back my bowl with some applesauce. Such a sweetie.

1 comments:

nurseheather said...

that is so awesome and i'm glad your keeping track of this stuff because how quickly you can forget. i do the same for my girls - just jot it down when something funny or sweet happens. and i can remember so vividly the first time both of my girls showed compassion and empathy. i always wondered how you "teach" kids those kinds of things - i found out it wasn't anything specific but rather living by example. now my little paloma won't stop kissing my leg and saying "oh mommy - booboo" You have a sweet little girl on your hands.