Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Projects!

Blake is out of town for work :( I seriously have a love-hate relationship with work trips. I love having some time in the evenings to catch up on some long awaited projects. I love that Allie and I can just eat breakfast for dinner and I don't have to worry about dinner ( I love to cook, sometimes it's a nice break to not have to). I hate the fact that it is 2 am and I am not asleep. I have the hardest time going to sleep when Blake is not home. I don't know why, but I hate the nighttime. I hate many more things, but nights are definitely the hardest. Good thing work trips don't happen to terribly often. Here are a few projects that are finished. Hooray!


Allie's bow board. My brother-in-law made me the frame for Christmas and I have finally completed the rest

Allie's pad for her cradle. I have a cradle that I am working on refinishing before her birthday. It is a cradle that my grandpa made for me when I was little, but it needs some help. That is my next project before August.

A cape for my nephew Adam. Allie and I are headed up to Seattle this weekend to visit some family. I also made Ainsley a baby pad for her cradle, so I thought I would take a little something up to both

3 comments:

Steph said...

Ok you and Katie has some MAJOR crafty talents! If and when I ever have a little girl I need you two to sit down and teach me to make those adorable bows. I love the pic of Ali with her black dress and that little black bow. What a doll!!!!!

nurseheather said...

i completely agree with you. in fact dave is supposed to be out of town on business this whole week and i was absolutely dreading it because the girls are sick and sniffly and whiny and oh how i dreaded like 15 hours by myself but to my wonderful surprise the trip cancelled due to weather and now he is home with us - we just celebrated by taking him out to lunch!!!

Just Only Me said...

you are so creative! love your projects!