Friday, January 30, 2009

Land of Make Believe

We have been caught up in the land of make believe.   I am not quite sure how this all starts in a 2 1/2 year olds brain, but it's here!  Our first make believe characteer presented himself last week.  Allie was sitting on the potty when I hear her talking to herself
 
Allie:  "Sit right here Freddy."
Mom:  "Allie, who are you talking to?"
Allie:  "Freddy"
Mom: "Who is Freddy?"
Allie:  "My friend"
Mom:  "What does he look like?"
Allie:  "A purple monkey"

             

So there you have it, make believe has started.  Every few days I am introduced to a new character around our house.  The other day we had Paudo and Caudo come play.  They were also monkeys.  

Last night I peaked in on Allie who was laying in bed waving her hand up at the ceiling.   I wispered in and I asked, "Allie who are you waving to?"  She told me it was "fiddle diddle, the boy."  I think we are reading to much of Dr. Seus around our house.  She is starting to make everything rhyme.               

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Be thankful she's creative! The only real worry is when these 'Make-Believe' buddies start causing mischief!

nurseheather said...

that is too funny - i totally laughed out loud. my kids have yet to enter that stage - one of the only ones that haven't been in. keep us updated on who else pops into your little ones life

Alexandria said...

Hey, if I want to order through layers do I go through you? Send me an e-mail if you get a chance. alexandrialucas@hotmail.com