Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Project with Papa

It all started with an RC Willey Gift Card that I needed to use before it expired.  I had been watching these climbing domes all summer hoping they would go on sale; no such luck.  Well when I realized I had only days left to use my gift card in January, I headed off to the store to see what I could find.  With no such luck in the store and no need for anything at home I headed off to see where the dome went.  No such luck again.  In talking with a sales associate they informed me they could check the Salt Lake store to see if they had any left in their inventory.  
Well a week later we brought home a box and a bunch of bars.  I knew between Blake and I this project would take us a long time, so we called up Papa to help us expedite the completion of our project.  



Allie was working right beside us the whole time. She would bring over bars, ,screws, the hammer; anything we needed her for she was there to assist. It brought back childhood memories having Allie out in the garage with my dad and I.  I always remember being out in the garage working on a project with my dad, whether it was fixing flat tires on a bike or creating some science experiment.  



Allie was pretty happy when she could finally climb on the dome.  I love working on projects and finishing them because great satisfaction comes from all the hard work and hours of time that get put in



The final hurdle was not just finishing the dome.  It was moving it from inside our garage into the backyard.  My dad and I managed to life the dome over our head and lift it over my fence to move it into the backyard.  Home at last!

0 comments: