Friday, November 5, 2010

Coloring Contest

If I could say one thing about this girl it would be that she LOVES LOVES LOVES to color.   Did I say that she loves to color?  She not only colors well but loves to draw.  In fact Allie spends most of her day at work in her room coloring or in the office coloring and drawing away.  The other day Allie asked if I could draw a dog.  She definitely doesn't' get her artistic talent from her mother because I surely could not draw a dog.  She was very frustrated with me and told me she would draw a dog.  Sure enough this girl drew a great looking dog.  Allie comes home with a backpack of papers every day from school.  At the beginning of school I asked Allie about the multiple copies of one of the projects and I asked Allie if everyone drew multiple copies.  Sure enough no, it was just Allie.  She continues to bring 2, 3, or 4 copies of the same paper home.  Blake and I often talk about what this girl will grow up to do because she is so talented with her artistic ability.   I hope that one day Allie has a little girl who colors just like her. I don't know what to do with all of these papers that continue to  float around.  Once a week I try to go around and selectively pick up her piles making dumps into the recycle bin.  She has found her papers multiple times in the trash and I feel bad but tell her that we can't keep everything.  All that being said, my little artist recently entered a coloring contest at Albertsons.  She was very excited about the possibility of winning a contest and came right home and got to work.  Well weeks went by and we got a call that sure enough this girl had won the contest.  Allie got $5 for winning the contest and thought she was on top of the world for days.  She ended up buying a movie with her winnings.  


The proud girl with her winning picture

0 comments: