Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sibling Love

Well we have had our days around here; teaching a wild rambunctious 2 year old how to be soft and gentle with her new brother who is soaking up all her mommy's time.  One of our problems was we placed Sophie in the middle of the bench seat in the car which put her right next to Will.  One day while I was driving the car there was a horrific scream from Will.  I could see Sophie had her hand in his car seat but all I could do was grab and hold her hand.  When the screams continued from Will and I could finally pull over the car I was shocked to find my poor baby.



It appeared he had been mauled by his sister.  It was all I could do to resist spanking Sophie.  I grabbed out Will and snuggled him and left Sophie strapped into the car while I cooled myself down and wanted to cry.  We immediately moved Sophie's car seat and have yet to have another mauling



We have tried to foster more of these scenarios....teaching Sophie to be soft and gentle



Allie has also helped model good behavior for Sophie



Sure love these 3 kiddos of mine.  I'm so grateful for all that they teach me and all I get to learn from their examples

0 comments: