Saturday, June 22, 2013

Ultimate Urban Challenge

The racing season has begun....I am not pregnant and I can finally leave my babe for extended periods of time without feeling like he is going to starve if he doesn't take his bottle.  The Ultimate Urban Challenge is one of my absolute favorite races. We get to race around downtown Boise on bikes and get to work as a team to accomplish challenges at each pit stop.  It is all for the benefit of Make A Wish which I have a soft spot in my heart for; knowing all the good wishes they grant for the cancer kids.



 Our good friends the Coltrins joined us this year.  We were the Flying Pigs...I'm not so good with team names and costumes



Trying to play pool....an easy challenge we weren't so good at



The non-detailed members of the team, Emily and I, had to examine a cup of icecream with toppings and all.  We had to then tell the boys how to replicate it, getting the candy in the right spot and placing the right number and color of candies back on.  We were horrible at this station


The judge for this event was Dante, a kiddo I took care of  years ago when he was 3...so glad to see him healthy.  I thought he would have given me a break but he was so hard on us



The funnest challenge we had was doing a news report in the Channel 2 studio.  We were new's anchors for a brief moment in time; Emily thought about going into the business she loved it so much!



Blake about vomited when I rolled the dice and he found out he had to eat Kim Chi.  Blake did great and held it down



Our fierce competition throughout the race were the BSU football players.  Thankfully they experienced not 1, but 2 flat tires along the race which set them back.  They were literally on our tails for a good chunk of the race



Flying through the finish line....2nd place out of 50+ teams



Flying Pigs seemed to be a fitting name for us...we had a great race!

0 comments: