Tuesday, October 9, 2007

POO POO In the Potty

Well I am so mad because I though I captured this grand event with a photo. My camera shut down due to low battery following my picture of Allie on the potty and I guess due to low battery it never took the picture in the first place.

Allie's "potty" is one of those small rings that you place in the toilet seat so you don't fall in . It has dogs on it, so she loves to sit and look at the dogs. The whole potty issue started because she just loves to get me my toilet paper (and then some extra) off the roll and she loves flushing the toilet. So I thought well since she loves the toilet, let's see what she does if we strip her down and sit her on it.

Over the last month we have had a ritual before bath time of placing Allie on the potty while I am filling up the bath tub. She always seems to go to the bathroom in the tub when I turn on the facet and water starts coming out. It's nothing that I'm really pushing, just slowly introducing the concept since she was interested.

Well, tonight we did not have pee, but poop. Allie was just sitting on the potty while I went to turn on the facet. I turned around and she was pushing and you know how it ends. To say the least, I'm not sure if it really clicked in her mind, but I was very excited. I made a big stink about it and Allie got to get her own toilet paper for her bum and got to flush the toilet and watch her poop go "bye-bye." I'll keep everyone posted on the future success of Allie and potty training. Do I dare say I am really potty training?

7 comments:

Just Only Me said...

Sounds like you're going to be successful and she's going to be a big girl soon! I can't believe she's only one, and already doing this. That's so exciting, keep us posted!

Liz said...

Yeah! That's a great start! Aah, I love it when you don't have to change stinky bum diapers anymore. (Although you know that when one kid gets out of diapers it's time for another, right?) :)

PinksandBluesGirls said...

I am a Mom of 4 and Grandma of 7... and I say that she's well on her way to potty training. A poop in the toilet is a very, very big thing to make a stink about (pun intended!)

Good luck... and keep us posted!

Sharon - Pinks & Blues Girls

Corinne said...

Wow- what a big girl Allie is!

Lachelle said...

Can Ali come give Keyton lessons? We want on this potty-training bandwagon!

Stephanie Johnson said...

Kim that is awesome. Wouldn't that be great if you were done with dirty diapers. I love that picture of her at the top of the blog with the cowgirl boots. You seem to be an amazing mom Kim-- I hope we can get our girls together sometime.

Krisser said...

Hurray! That is really big, and a poop means she's got the pushing concept down!
I'd love to get together in November- we can get Jaime up to Bellevue too- I'm only 15 minutes from there!