Friday, February 8, 2008

3 ear infections in 4 weeks

The life for the past 4 weeks.....chillin' in her chair watching Elmo. Over the past month we have had many numerous nights awake with Allie, almost nightly if I would have to put a finger on it. This definitely isn't my girl; Allie is a great sleeper, so I knew something was up. We went to the Dr.'s mid-January and sure enough-double ear infection. Not even 2 weeks later...back again....double ear infection. Well we just finished a 10 day coarse of antibiotics yesterday, but Allie has still been having rough nights, a runny nose, and pulling at her ears. I dug out my otoscope from nursing school just to have a look before we went yet again back to the Dr.'s. To the limited knowledge I have with ears, they were red! Back to the Dr. today and double ear infection. We are started Allie's 3rd antibiotic and if this doesn't seem to do the trick off we go to the ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) Dr. Allie's pediatrician isn't sure if this is the same infection that just isn't clearing up, or if Allie is catching different viruses causing the recurrent infections. We'll definitely keep you all posted.

4 comments:

Alisa said...

Poor baby! Ear infections are no fun (for the kids OR the parents.) Hope she is feeling better soon!

Kami said...

This happened to my son actually when he was about the age of your daughter. He ended up having his Tonsils removed and tubes put into his ears. (So if you go to an ENT, go to Dr. Beck..she is the most wonderful doctor and the only one who will treat kids) But what i was going to say was that antibiotics never worked with my son because he just got immune to them so we actually started putting Garlic (you can get drops of these at Fred Meyers or the Co-op) in my kids ears. It is a natural antibiotic and it has worked better than antibiotics have..Just thought I would share! :) Hope she gets feeling better and you get some sleep soon!

Liz said...

Bummer! That stinks. Emeline had an ear infection almost constant from 13 months to 18 months old. It was horrible. I hope it clears up for her soon!

Corinne said...

Poor little girl! I am so ready for the spring and all of the
"bugs" to be gone!