Saturday, April 12, 2008

A fish, a deer, a snake....oh my!

Well we had a wonderful Saturday enjoying our friends and a record high of 80 degrees! To bad the weather isn't going to last. We first headed off to the MK Nature Center in the heart of downtown Boise. The kids loved the fish! There are little benches for the kids to climb on, so they can get a great view of the fish through the glass. While we were on our stroll, my husband, (leave it to him -he seriously can spot deer ANYWHERE) spotted a deer. The great wildlife you see while living right in Boise.

After the Nature Center we headed out for a hike that led up to Table Rock. We didn't go the whole way, but made it to the landing right below Table Rock. We still got some great views of downtown Boise. On our way back down my worst nightmare came through. I really don't have any fears in life, except one. SNAKES! I know out of all the hikes I've done through the foothills I have gotten pretty lucky by never encountering one. I am always expecting it to happen, and today it did. I am really glad it was this little, and not a rattlesnake, but it still scared the pants off of me. It darted right out at my foot as I walked by and I jumped about 5 feet forward freaked out. Our friend Jon ended up picking up the snake and made it quite the attraction with the kids.

Dad and Allie in MK Nature Center

I just love this photo....not quite sure what Cam is doing...but the girls were sure loving it

Dad and Allie getting ready for the hike...what a nice way to ride

I love how Allie is poking her head around for this photo.....downtown Boise in the distant background

Allie finally touched the snake....she was very hesitant.....I wonder where she gets this from

3 comments:

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Cute pictures. You guys look so cute. Fun to see what you are up to. I found you off Karee's blog. Your little girl is adorable. Jess

Stephanie Johnson said...

Kim it looks sooo nice there. I wish I could be there. P.S. how did you change to your cute background. I can't figure it out.

Brad and Tifani said...

Hey Kim! Thanks for leaving a comment! Your little girl is adorable! And I really like your blog, I'm adding it to my list so we can keep in touch a little better!