Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I love to see the temple!

Allie is just to cute these days....she is at such a fun age where she is taking everything in and processing the information. It is so fun to see what she's taken in and absorbed and then able to communicate back.

She has learned from looking at pictures of "real" temples what they are. As we have driven around Boise the last couple of days......anything with a steeple, spire, anything up in the sky is a temple. Most churches that we drive by, I hear Allie say, "Mommy....temple." Yesterday we were driving downtown by the Capital Building and it is now a temple in Allie's world; someday when she's older I'll straighten this all out and hopefully she'll know there is only 1 temple in Boise.

One more cute story that I have to write about Allie. We are trying very hard to hold F.H.E. on a weekly basis, and lately we have done a good job. So, on Monday I was telling Allie that we were going to have F.H.E. later on that evening. Our conversation then went like this

Mom- "Allie, do you know what we are going to do for F.H.E.?
Allie- "Jesus"
Mom-"Anything else?"
Allie- "Temples"
Mom-"Anything else?"
Allie- "Rosie" (Ring-Around the Rosie-A favorite for Allie and a must at every F.H.E)

I know that they always say when you don't think your kids are really listening, (especially a 20 month old) they really are. I guess it just shows how important it is to continue and endure teaching your kids the gospel no matter what age because they really get it. I love their sweet and simple spirits!


1 comments:

Kacey said...

Ok, somehow I came across your blog thru blog hopping around and I just had to leave a comment because my little brother (Daren) knows Blake and I was really good friends with his brother Scott at Centennial. We only lived in Boise for a short time (the Hansen's lived in our neighborhood). It's been YEARS but I just wanted to drop a Hello...if you could pass it on to the family for me!