Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dry Bum

Well, I guess I will say that we are officially potty trained! Horray!!! Allie has been interested on and off for the last few months. We tried the whole potty thing a couple of months ago, but it was just too many accidents to even push the point. Two weeks ago I came home from work early and played with Allie for a good hour and a half. I went to get her ready for bed, only to find she had panties on. I asked Blake what she was doing in panties. He in turn told me she wanted them on and had been telling him all night when she needed to go.

So, I ran with her fully interested in this whole potty thing and she took, hook, line, and sinker. All I have to say is that when they are ready it just clicks! It has been so easy. She has done awesome. For the first week, if it had been awhile since Allie had gone to the bathroom, I would remind her and and she would go. This week, a new leaf has been turned. Allie is telling me a majority of the time when she needs to go. We have gone two days in a row with NO accidents. Can I hear a hip hip hooray for Allie!!!

10 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

HIP HIP HOORAY!! That is such a huge milestone to get over! Good job to Allie (but to mom and dad too)

That picture is so funny by the way:)

Corinne said...

Wow Allie! I am so impressed. It also looks like she's in a big girl bed :) Hurray for the Hansens!

The Tufts said...

Congratulations! If the port-a-potties at the Redwood Park (cringe) didn't stop her, then nothing will. What a big girl!

Krisser said...

Congrats Allie! What a hurdle! I'm glad that it is going so well for you guys!

Marisa said...

Great... she's not even two yet, right? That's awesome!!!

Just Only Me said...

Yeah! Go Allie! That's awesome. What's your trick to get her through the night? We have days down, but the nights, not to much. What's your secret?

nurseheather said...

oh i'm so happy for you - potty trained children rock! i'm working on paloma but guess i forgot how much work it is! the money you save from diapers can go for a great date night!

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

Wahooooooooo!

Stephanie Johnson said...

Good job Kim and Allie I have been trying to work with Sofie on the potty training thing she likes to go when I put her on it but I don't think she understands that she needs to tell me when she has to go.

The Meyers said...

Horray for being potty trained!