Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nurse Allie

I think we have another future nurse in the family. Allie randomly asked me for my "nurse bag" the other day. I wasn't quite sure what she was referring to when she asked for this because I only bring my purse with me when I go to work. She led me to our bathroom where she requested a bag on the top shelf that contained my stethoscope, an otoscope, blood pressure cuff, and other fun toys from nursing school. I don't know when I last got this down, but it's been a long time. Allie's memory ceases to amaze me. She had a great time listening to hearts and tummies and looking in dad's ears. She has already decided she wants to be a nurse for Halloween next year.

Listening to mom's heart. When I asked her what it sounded like she said "boom"

Listening to her tummy rummbling

After playing nurse, Allie enjoyed helping me make cookies. Allie just loves helping out in the kitchen. Allie has been dying to have her own apron. Every time I put mine on, she wants her own. Well today we make-shifted dad's to fit her. If anyone has a great kid's apron pattern, let me know. Santa might be bringing one her way

3 comments:

nurseheather said...

hey kim,
the consginment shop 'kid to kid' has some cute aprons. my children received one from their aunt for their birthday and they love it. my chidlren too played doctor/nurse this week. must be in the air.

Slades said...

She is the cutest thing ever. I hope someday I have a little girl just like her. I have seen really cute little apron patterns around. I'll have to remember where.

Marisa said...

So it might be hard to find scrubs in her size... you may eventually need a pattern for that too. Also my sister makes awesome kids aprons, I'll post a pic of the boys wearing theirs some time today!