Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Day of Laughs

Well Allie has kept me on my toes today....she is full of hilarioussness lately.  Here were a few of my favorite evetns from our day


1-I was outside in the garage and my back was to Allie.  I was organizing a few bins on the shelf and  Allie says to me, "Mom, I'm going potty like we do outside."  I flip my head to see Allie with her drawers dropped squatting and peeing (this is what we do up in the mountains).  The pee unfortunately was going right into her pants.  I just had to laugh and explain that the only times we get to pee like that is when we are away from a bathroom. 

2-Allie came running at me while I was getting dressed saying, "I'm going to get you old man."  Well, for one I hope I don't look old and two I hope I don't look like a man...the things kids say.

3-We were out looking for a few Easter decorations and I was telling Allie about the Easter Bunny that was going to come.  I told her he brings some treats and a toy. I also explained that he comes at night while we are sleeping, kind of like what Santa does.   This was the conversation that followed.

Allie-"Does the bunny live in the North Pole?"

Mom-"No." (Trying to think if I ever was told as a kid where the Easter Bunny was from)

Allie-"Where is he?"

Mom-"Where does he live?"

Allie-"Yeah"

(At this point I called Aunt Katie to ask if she remembered where the Easter Bunny was from.  We concluded he would be from a hole in the ground)
Mom (after the phone conversation)-"He lives in a small hole with his family."

Allie-"The big bunny lives in a hole?"  (with doubt in her words.  We were just looking at pictures last year of Allie and the Easter bunny the other day and she saw what a rather large bunny he is) 

Mom-"He sure does!"  

Am I believable or what?  Anybody have thoughts on the home of the Easter Bunny?

4 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

The pee thing SO funny! I'm sure she was so proud of herself for coming up with that!

I don't get the whole "bunny" thing either. It's kind of weird to be honest. In books they show a cute little "normal" bunny but in movies/stores he's HUGE (and not very cute). And honestly, where did the whole bunny thing come from anyway? Why would an animal be bringing US candy instead of just eating it himself? Hmmmmm, what a weird tradition!

Marisa said...

Yes, I never understood why he wasn't a chicken since it is EGGS that are left??? I thought he lived in The Land of Spring! You know like the different Seesons have little oasis?

Stephanie Johnson said...

That little girl is hilarious- I haven't even told Sofie about the Easter Bunny I better think of these kind of questions that might come when I do.

The Tufts said...

I think that there is some old puppet animation move about Peter Cottontail and the origins of the Easter Bunny by the same people who did the classic Rudolph that might be worth looking into. Yeah, the more you start asking questions, the more the whole Easter Bunny thing just seems a little far fetched.