Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cat In The Hat Off To The Bunny Hill

We woke up and had a busy day planned for our little family.  We started the morning by celebrating Dr. Seus's birthday and eating green eggs and ham.  Allie wasn't quite sure what to think of her green eggs and wouldn't dare eat them. It's funny how the color of our food changes our perception on it.



We made Dr. Seus hats at preschool the previous day.  Allie decided to wear her hat to breakfast.  Following breakfast we got lunches made, warm clothes on, and the car packed as we prepared to spend the day skiing at Bogus Basin with Papa Jim.  Papa is an avid skiier, making it up to Bogus 3-4 times a week.  Allie was just thrilled to be traveling to the mountain where Papa ski's.



Getting the boots on.  I was impressed, I used to hate my ski boots when I was little so I was a little worried about what Allie might do, but no fuss



Our ski bunny ready to hit the slopes



Okay, this little conveyor belt is the nicest replacement to the rope toe.  When I was little my gloves got ripped to shreds as I would hang on for dear life going up the rope toe.  Great improvement to the ski hill



Going down the bunny hill a few times.



We tried skiing with Allie in between legs, on the side, everything.  She was just loving it.  We took her down the bunny hill a few times and then she went down all by herself.  She then decided after a very short time that she was ready for more.  She wanted to ride the "swing"- a.k.a. the chairlift.



So, off we headed to ride the chairlift to see how Allie would fair down a little bit longer run



I wish I could have captured her face better on my camera.  Her mouth was wide open and she had the biggest grin on her face.  Priceless!!!



We then tried a few runs with Allie hanging onto the pole; we found that she had to balance on her own more when she was hanging onto the pole



She had a few lessons with Papa on how to make a "pizza" and then she decided she was done with everyone and wanted to take everyone's advice and put it to use.  She took Papa's hands and pushed them off of her and wanted to ski all by herself.  



And she did!!!  Practicing her "pizza" while skiing by herself.  Allie is one determined little girl.  I am so impressed with her drive to pick things up and run with it


Kids really learn so quick when they are so little.  Allie took off down the hill, turning, and doing way better than we had expected.  We were all impressed.



Kids are little and skiing wears you out.  After a few hours Allie needed a break.  So into the lodge we went to warm up.  Blake and my dad hit the slopes for a bit and then my dad and I switched spots. After Blake and I headed out to ski for a bit, we found Papa and Allie outside the lodge with skiis on ready to hit the slopes for some more.  What a fun day we had accompanied by gorgeous sunshine!  We hope to return again soon.

1 comments:

Just Only Me said...

How cute is that?? She's honestly the most darling little snow bunny ever. I am so uncoordinated and never did get the knack of skiing! (more of a snowboarder, well, before I "yard sale" every time I went down the bunny hill!) I love this post!