Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Babe!!!

It's here 2011.....the year Blake and I both enter into the 30's.  I was actually gone for Blake's official day this year and I think he was a little bummed, but he didn't known what I had planned for him when I returned home.  I arrived home on the 9th only to surprise him with a few things that evening.  We first stopped off at Barbacoa for dinner.  I have heard many great things about this restaurant and so for the 30th I decided we could splurge on some yummy food, a fun atmosphere, and great friends.  We give this place ***** and Blake says that he will be returning soon.


Table side guacamole....a must to start out with 


Blake showing off his " hot rock" steak.  The steak literally came out on a rock that was on fire and stayed hot the entire meal.  Fancy breadstick things were coming out of his garlic mashed potatoes.  I wish I could have snapped a photo of my meal.  I had skewers hanging down off of some arch.  The portion sizes for the meals are pretty large too so you don't feel like you are getting robbed of your money


Group photo with the Givens.  If you can see the fun Fried Ice scream Lollipop tree in the middle of the table; that was our dessert.  It was perfect and so yummy drizzled with a little honey


Such a fun and crazy atmosphere in here.  I got a picture of the crazy chandelier hanging in the room we dined in.  Also, I am noticing the giant pepper shakers, the tall red skinny things....so fun!  I told Blake I wanted to go back for my 30th :)   

After dinner I took Blake to Elton John. It was an amazing concert!!!  Elton sat at the piano through the entire concert although there were a few times he actually got up on the piano.  Elton would play long stretches, 10 minutes long, on the piano and it was AMAZING!  The big screens would show his hands through the piece and I can't imagine moving my hands that fast on the piano.


Don't think I was supposed to have my camera in there, but with all of the phones snapping pictures I thought what the heck.  Our seats were dead center right up off of the floor.  Happy Birthday Babe!!!  Here's to the next decade of our lives.

0 comments: