Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Weekend at Horsethief-Day 1 and 2

I booked a cabin at the YMCA's Camp at Horsethief Reservoir for Memorial Day weekend.  I had read about the camp in a brochure back in January and decided to book it and find friends to fill it with:)  The best part about the camp was that we just showed up and the activities and food were all prepared for us.



Here we are loaded up for a weekend of fun in the mountains



Horsethief Reservoir sits right outside of Cascade, West of Warm Lake



We got assigned to the "Snake" cabin


Sophie was excited about her bed and of course she had to find the toilets right away


The first night everyone drove in and got settled.  Allie and Brandon were up late working on their Perler Beads


Saturday morning we had lots of activities to entertain us....first we hit up bow and arrow shooting.  It was probably one of my favorite activities


The Idaho Rock Wall


The first day we just did "bouldering," which is free climbing on the rocks without harnesses.  There was a slide down the backside of the wall the kids could climb up to and go down


Sophie wanted in on the action and did some bouldering herself


Later in the morning, some of the adults went zip-lining, including Blake and I.  I tried to layer on the coats so they couldn't tell I was 18 weeks pregnant


Cam and Sophie patiently waiting for the adults to come in on the line


Blake coming down the coarse


I thought I was going to hit the pole and just had to reassure the staff that they saw me coming;  I didn't want to go squishing the baby:)


Saturday afternoon we went rifle shooting....this picture is a little scary to me.  I feel like this picture is taken in Afghanistan where they train young kids to shoot guns


Allie and dad working on getting that target


Sophie patiently waited at most of the activities


Before dinner, we headed to the sport court to play some street hockey.  The kids loved it, as well as the adults


Saturday after dinner we had the Wacky Olympics, where the families all competed in silly games the kids enjoyed.


Sophie reluctantly gave up the fight and fell asleep after a long day.  It's a little difficult to fall asleep in a one room cabin, filled with 7 bunk beds, 8 adults, and 10 kids all running around like crazy at 10 pm.

0 comments: