Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sophie These Days-18 months

It's amazing the love you can have for each of your children individually.  Sophie has pushed my patience as a mother, drained me of energy as a mother but turned around to fill me back up,  made me laugh more than I thought I ever could and brought so much joy into our home.  I can't believe how difficult our first 6 months of life were and how much she has changed and grown into a happy, lively 18 month old.  Here are some things she is into and just loves to do


Eating food with her fork.  She has loved learning how to be a big girl and insists she eats at the "bar" with Allie.  This girl knows EXACTLY what she wants and tells me, and if I can't get it right or understand, boy does she let me know as well.  We have started throwing fits and falling on the floor when we don't get our way; this did not start with Allie till she was 3.


Along with using her fork, she loves to be independent and "ME" do it.  Rice and beans are one of her favorites and since they are hard to use with a fork, we just end up with a very messy baby when we are done


Sophie is way into "Net-Net's" as she calls her necklaces and bracelets.  She is constantly getting into Allie's room and scaling the furniture to get on top of Allie's dresser to get her jewelry


She always amazes me with the amount she will have on.


Sophie is such a BUSY body.  She is constantly moving and getting into things, pulling things out, getting on top of things, etc.  Everyone is worn out when the watch her and I don't think we have ever left a place without someone making a comment, "Boy, she is busy", or "Wow she is LOUD!"  One day I put up Easter while she was napping and when she came down she spotted my container of eggs.  I turned my back on her and the next thing I knew she was on the table loading her arms up with eggs


Another liking of Sophie's is the toilet and everything to do with it; the toilet itself, brushes to clean the toilet with, potty seats, toilet paper, you name it.  Since she has shown a liking to the toilet we have started to work with her on going "pee pee on the potty."  She has done great the times I have worked with her, but I just don't have it in me to put all my energy into training this kid.  One day she came walking down with her potty seat stuck around her head, one arm out and one arm stuck down.


Apparently she was hungry in the process and brought up a few snacks to munch on.  The leftovers where on the potty seat. 

Sophie loves her "Oinky" and shows everyone she meets her pig and generously shares the pig with them. She absolutely LOVES people and will say hi to everyone and go to anyone.  I am amazed at the love/hate she has relationship she has with little people her age.  One moment she will share things with them and the next second she is hitting, pushing, and tackling them to the ground.  The sad thing is no one expects that type of  reaction from her, so they are caught off guard and immediately start to cry. We will see if we get booted out of nursery. 

Sophie's vocabulary is crazy....I can't even count the number of words this kid says. I tried to use sign language with her from an early age and when she started to repeat words right back I gave up.  She is speaking well over 100 words, can tell you what handfuls of animals say and we are working on learning colors and shapes.  What a fun age this is; they are absorbing everything and I love to see them remember and learn new things and the excitement they have about life.  We love you Sophie!!!  

0 comments: