Thursday, May 22, 2008

Snip Snip....

Well, can you guess what happened today?


Someone cut the blonde lock's?

No worries, it was not Allie (although I'm sure that day will come). Today I took Allie over to a friend's house for a haircut...a cute A-line. I was getting sick of the scraggly hair that she had. It was so thin and stringy. Now her hair looks much thicker.

A shot of the back. Now I just need to find some type of gel to hold her curls. She has the best little ringlets when her hair is wet, but I can't get them to stay for the life of me...Does anyone have any suggestions?


6 comments:

Alisa said...

Allie's hair looks so cute! So I've been searching for good "curl" products for awhile, seeing as Ella's hair is crazy curly. I really like Garnier Fructis Cream Sculpting Gel. It holds the curls pretty well, and isn't too heavy for fine, little girl hair. Hope that helps!

The Blaisdell Family said...

I wish Avery had hair to cut! I can't wait for the day. Allie looks cute, older too:(

I have natural curly hair (although I straighten it 99% of the time since I can in Idaho weather). From my 30 years experience..ahem...I would recommend mousse more than gel. I use the Garnier brand, or any brand that is THICK when you put it in your hand, not the super airy stuff. Hope that makes sense.

Both my boys have curly hair too, you can see it when they get sweaty (I know, kinda gross, sorry), but unfortunaley Avery came with straight hair:( But at least she has the blue eyes I was hoping for!

Kami said...

I love her haircut..it makes her look all grown up. I, too, would love to find something to hold my daughters curls..it is so cute when it is wet!

Krisser said...

Love that haircut! She's getting so stinkin' big! I second the mousse idea, each time I have a baby I hope for curls but I guess I only make them one way- straight and scraggly.

nurseheather said...

i use a product called curly burly from sally's beauty salon. mattea had awesome cute curls when she was younger and they too would frizz throughout the day. i think it is like a spray gel. i like it. i love her haircut. way to go mom!

Marisa said...

So cute! My babies are always bald, bald, bald... someone asked if Laila was a boy at Costa Vida the other night and she was wearing pink, in a pink carseat, and had a big pink butterfly toy clipped to her carseat too!