Monday, May 5, 2008

Square Foot Gardening

Our garden! We have never had a garden since we have been married....and I have very vague memories about gardening as a kid, so pretty much I am a novice gardener. I went to an enrichment activity back in March and learned about a new way to garden-square foot. It's exactly what the name says. You build boxes, put in Mel's special soil mix, divide your box into 1x1 squares, and plant.

I'll keep you posted as things start to grow. I was working out in the yard today and noticed I have radishes sprouting :) There is nothing more rewarding than to see the fruits of your labor.

7 comments:

Alisa said...

What else have you planted? Looks like fun!

The Meyers said...

That is awesome. I have heard about that. Let me know how it goes. I also planted my first garden this year, tomatos, peppers and herbs. We are so much alike! I miss ya Kim!!

Marisa said...

You did the gardens... Awesome! Cami did her garden too. I didn't know if I had enough patience to tread on soil yet.

MEG said...

I can't wait to have a yard to plant in!

Stephanie Johnson said...

I'm excited to see how it works. If all goes well I will have to get the low down on exactly how to do it.

Owen's Blog said...

Garden looks good. Yeah, let's plan a play date. Owen would love it and I love checking out new parks. Let me know your schedule. How is the "plan" working out? Smile, Kelly

The Blaisdell Family said...

Hey Kim,

FOUND YA! I'll be checking back again. I need to send you an invite to our blog:)

Good job on the garden!!

Jaime Blaisdell