Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Double Dippin'

Well it's about time we had our double dippin' coupon days in Boise.  At the beginning of the week it looked like there weren't that many great deals going on- Kmart did have double coupons going on so I thought I would head over to check that out at some point during my week.  After hearing word on Tuesday afternoon that Kmart was out of a majority of products, we had someone check with Wal-Mart to see if they would add match Kmarts douple coupon deal.  

Well, you guessed it...while at Wal-Mart with coupons in hand we found out that they sure would ad match.  It couldn't have been any more beautiful than that.  Double dippin' at Walmart of all places.  We began Tuesday night at 8 p.m. searching through our piles of coupons trying to figure out what we could get for free or less than $1 after doubling the coupons.  Well as you can imagine this ended up being quite the process and we ended up leaving the store at 12:30 p.m.  Oh...I bet you want to know how much I spent.  My subtotal was 223.19.  After I went dippin' my total fell to $13.08.  I had one item that I did not have a coupon for-that was the etcha sketch for $4 that you see in my photo below.  Yes...I am single parenting this week and I had Allie with me this entire 4 hour trip.  She actually couldn't have been better for me, so she definately deserved a little reward.


7 comments:

Bryndee Slade said...

woah! You have gotta teach me! It sounds like its worth the time.

Hillary said...

I cannot believe that! I wish so bad that you lived close and could teach me what the heck you are doing!

Owen's Blog said...

Yeah, Thanks for the fun shopping trip and all the coupons and tips!! You are really good at this!!!!

Kimberly said...

Hi there! I found your blog off of someone else's blog so thought I would stop in and say hi. This post is totally amazing. I have never really used coupons and I'm not a WalMart shopper, but seriously - what you did is incredible. I might have to give it a try.

Kris said...

Kim,
Seriously amazing! I can't believe that you got all of that for only 13 bucks! You have got to teach me your skills!

Katie said...

Okay, that was definitely a night to remember! I wish we had our camera there to capture it all. Thanks for being my "coupon buddy"!

Jana said...

I can't believe that. That is so awesome. What is you secret? Teach me....