Friday, December 5, 2008

Saturday Adventures

Well our busy month of December began.  There are so many fun and free things going on it's hard to choose what activities we are going to do.  We started off the day by attending a free cooking class at Young Chef's Academy.  Aunt Katie and Cam met up with us and the kids had a fun time rotating through a few activities.   


These kid-freindly cookie cutters were awesome.  I got one for Allie to play with her play-dough

Decorating a gingerbread man

These cute aprons were adorable on these two

The next adventure that we headed off to was the Eagle Country Christmas.  We couldn't pass up a free visit and photo with Santa, along with a visit from one of the reindeer.  


Allie was all smiles after her visit from Santa.  She was a little hesitant after the girl in front of her in line broke down in tears.  After some reassurance, she realized Santa wasn't so bad and went and sat on his lap

Hanging out listening to some kid's choirs sing

Getting around the easy way.  Pap and Grandma Deb were able to join us for the fun

Reminiscing about that great moment on Santa's lap.  Allie just loved looking at her picture with Santa

We met up with one of Santa's reindeer

Later on this evening we went over to my friend Kelly's house.  We met up with a few other girl's from work and I attempted to make a gingerbread house.  Allie was supposed to be my helper, but she ended up stealing my candies once they were opened.  I actually could have used some help along the way with this project.  Silly enough Kelly and I had major issues with the frosting bag that came with the gingerbread kits.  We both cut to big of holes in the bag, which was a bad mistake.  Despite loosing great amounts of frosting onto the table and into my mouth I tried switcing frosting bags multiple times but finally ended up with mearly no frosting.  

The beginning of my night before things got ugly

Michelle's cute daughter Morgan was the entertainment for the children

Graciously everyone ended up sharing frosting with me so I could finish my gingerbread house.  Thanks for the fun night ladies!


2 comments:

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

Love the pics! Sounds fun. And the Gingerbread house turned out after all! Yay!

Marisa said...

Oh fun! You guys are always doing the funnest things. Allie is getting so big. I miss you guys!