Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Truffles

Tis the season for making up plates of yummy treats for friends and neighbors.  Tonight I have a work "candy" party to attend.  I made some carmels and just thought I would continue with some other yummy goodies to go on treat plates.  These yummy truffles were so easy...thanks Meg for the recipe

1 package orea cookies-crumbled fine in a food processor

1 8oz. package of cream cheese softened

chocolates to dip the truffles in and any other garnishes to go on top

*Mix the oreos and cream cheese together to form 1" balls.  Dip in the melted chocolate (you can use whatever color of candy melts you want to match the time of year, or for baby showers, etc).  Then drizzle with additional chocolate and garnish with sprinkles, crushed candy canes, etc.   Place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.  Yummy!!!

Allie had to get in on the action.  She waited patiently eating her favorie treat, pistachios, until I was ready for her to sprinkle away.  When we were done I took a picture of the truffles.  Allie wanted her picture too due to her contribution.  This is one of the first pictures she actually smiled when I told her to smile 

3 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Man, this must be "thee" recipe. I've seen it on several blogs now. I've had these before and....YUMMY! I like the red chocolate idea though. Very very cute.

P.S. thanks for that lady's number. We'll be calling her soon:)

Marisa said...

Yummy... where's mine?

nurseheather said...

hey, thanks so much for coming to the party, nice to see you guys. wanted to let you know i have your food coloring -wasn's a scam to rip you off during the holidays. i'm working for 4hours thurs. night - would you like me to bring it or would you like me to drop it by your house? either way is fine. take care