Thursday, February 12, 2009

Instituting Quiet Time

We have kind of been going through the short nap or no-nap phase at our house.  Since we have had days where there have been no naps, I instituted "quiet time."  Allie is so good about grasping the concept of things.  I explained that nap time was a time where she needed to stay in her room reading books and playing quietly while mommy got some work done in the office.  I told her that if she came out before I came to get her, her bedroom door would close (that is the ultimate threat for Allie).  Well it was one hour later before I heard a peep, which was "Mommy, I have to come out to go potty."  When I went into Allie's room she had put together 1/2 of a 24 piece puzzle.  I was pretty proud!  I am glad that our first quiet time was a hit.  I am sure we will have those days when quiet time doesn't go so well, but we're off to a good start!

Allie and the finished Pooh Puzzle (thanks Ainsley for all these great puzzles)

0 comments: