Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dinner for a Dollar

We first started our trip out at Albertson's for Double Coupon Days.  At the store we were able to get Free Kraft Cheese and Free Kraft Caesar Salad Dressing

These two were great helpers, I just had to snag a picture

We got home and picked some lettuce from our garden.  I can't believe how crazy this thing is doing.  Last year we were just planting at this time.  I'm a believer in my garden covers.

So with free lettuce, cheese, and dressing we whipped together this delicious Chicken Caesar Salad and made some home made bread which we grilled for dinner.  I think the chicken was probably a total cost of $0.50.  All you do for this salad is soak cut up chunks of chicken in a bowl of Caesar Salad Dressing for at least 30 minutes, if not a couple hours, the longer the better.  You then thread the chicken on skewers on grill them up with some grilled bread.  Place the chicken on a bed of lettuce, top with some extra dressing and cheese and voila- a delicious cheap dinner.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yummy! I think you should definitely share this on Discount Queens. I'm going to try this one tomorrow!

P.S We have cute little girls, don't we?

The Blaisdell Family said...

That's awesome. I need to have you help me with my garden. It's our first year and it is NOT going well. Pretty much everything has died but the peas, tomatoes and pumpkin plant:(