Thursday, October 1, 2009

Light the Night


Out of the four years that I have been working at St. Lukes I have missed the "Light the Night" walk because I have been working. I was so excited when I found out that this year I wasn't working; and even more excited when I found out some good friends weren't either.

Light the Night is a walk and fundraiser for those who are battling Leukemias or Lymphomas. The walk is held in the evening and everyone is given an illuminated balloon to carry along the race route. Those with white balloons are survivors, red is for supporters, and gold is in memory of those lost to cancer. I have grown to love working in the Pediatric Oncology Unit and love showing my support to the kids and their families.

I drug my little one down to the race with me. She just loved the fact that her balloon lit up

Ready to brave the cold and walk with mommy; Allie wasn't to thrilled about this

The team of friends from work

I just loved the fact that everyone had a balloon flying high in the sky for the entire 5K. It was fun to look around and see the sky lit up by thousands of balloons

Allie was in good company with her buddy Owen strolling beside her the whole way

1 comments:

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

Wow Kim I didn't know that you worked with kids with cancer. You are one in a million.