Saturday, October 30, 2010

BIG SISTER Class

In preparation for our little miss to arrive I signed Allie up for a sibling preparation class at the hospital.  Allie got to learn a little bit about newborns; how they sleep, eat, and poop a lot.  They taught each of the kids how to change the babies diaper and how to swaddle the baby.  For part of the class they took us on a tour over at the hospital.  We went to visit the Labor and Delivery rooms (Allie hopefully won't visit this room) and we went up to the newborn nursery and the woman's recover unit on the 8th floor.  It was very surreal for me to be at the hospital looking at these newborns, knowing I was 38 weeks, and imagining that could be us any day.  It got me very excited! 



Allie practicing her swaddling skills.  When Allie has told people about her class she actually tells them that she learned to swaddle the baby, not wrap the baby.  I was surprised that she remembered this.



All wrapped up nice and tight



Each kid got a certificate and a Big Kid pin when we were done with the class.  Allie got really excited after taking this class.  I know that she is going to be a great big sister and a great helper to me

1 comments:

MEG said...

Good Luck with the new baby! Allie will be a great Big Sister.