Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July

We headed up to the cabin for some fun in the sun, the water, and  with the family.  Here's a recap of our adventures from the weekend.



Me and my baby girl; she's growing way to fast



Max got an infection in his eye and required drops every 12 hours, so we couldn't leave him home.  I know, twist my arm, we ended up bringing him up to the cabin with us.   It was his first trip and he LOVED it.



The Fire Master.....cooking our dinners out in the fire Friday night



Tin foil dinners cooking on their coals....YUM



Blake was showing us how you could place Rhodes rolls right into the coals to cook.  Then Rod had an idea to roll the roll dough onto a stick and roast it.  Oh my gosh....best thing ever!!!  We loved them so much Blake went to the store and bought more rolls for another round



We had a visitor in the tree; always lots of bats up at the cabin



Love me my hammock....I love having my hammock set up to relax in, I could spend hours in it

Saturday we had lots of playing outside; bike rides, swimming, hot tubing.  I love having no schedule and just relaxing



We've been helping Allie learn to ride her bike without the training wheels.  She loved riding in the wide open spaces up at the cabin



Sophie sporting some great bed head



Who says you can't swim in the hot tub on a hot day, all the kids enjoyed  swimming in the hot tub all day long



Roasting more bread sticks and s'mores on Saturday night



I had to take a picture of the BEST s'more I have have ever made.  It was golden all around and oozed out from my graham cracker and it was DELICIOUS!



More hot tub time late at night

Sunday we went into town for church, hung around, watched fireworks on the lake and had our own fireworks display



The girls all made microphones and were loving putting on concerts



Sunday night we drove into Cascade to watch the fire works on the lake



Blake had to savor the moment. Sophie is not a snuggler and she fell asleep in his lap on the way to the fireworks.  He was in heaven so I had to keep getting shots of the two of them



Watching the fireworks right over us...so fun



Monday morning we packed up and headed back to Boise to celebrate the 4th.  So grateful to live in the USA and have all the freedoms that we have....so blessed

0 comments: