Tuesday, November 15, 2011

1 year Rainbow Party

Sophie loves balloons....anywhere we go she finds balloons.   There will be balloons across the store that I don't see and she finds them.  We were once swimming at the Y and there was a balloon floating up on the ceiling and Sophie kept saying, "bloon"-Sophie spotted it.  So, your passion for balloons sparked my idea for a rainbow birthday.



My sweet neighbor helped me bring my vision to life. She brought her camera and followed me to an abandoned barn to take some 1 year photos that I wanted of you.  I had seen this fun balloon arch somewhere and wanted to make it for your party and photo shoot



The rainbow outfit for the birthday girl.....a cheap $2 tulle skirt, a gumball necklace, and some scrap fabric for the t shirt.



Hanging on to your balloons....you didn't want anyone to get those balloons



Birthday Party Time with the family



We had the party over at the neighborhood clubhouse-there were plenty of balloons at the party



Yummy Cherry Limeade drinks



The rainbow cake



The cake maker-a.k.a. the mommy



The mini rainbow cake...I had intentions of making a mini six layer cake but totally forgot to take out enough batter from the larger cakes.....we ended up with a 3 tier mini cake.



Singing Happy Birthday....you weren't quite sure what to think of your cake.  You hate anything mushy and soft, so you weren't a big fan of the cake



Allie was trying to show you the ropes of eating cake



The middle of the big cake....my favorite part was cutting open the cake, it looked so pretty!


Happy Birthday Baby Girl....it makes me so sad when my babies turn 1.  Don't get me wrong, I love how fun and interactive you become over the next few years, I just love my babies.

1 comments:

Owen's Blog said...

So cute! Good job mom! Happy 1st birthday Sophie!