Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

My mom invited us to eat out with her on Thanksgiving this year and that did not sound appetizing.  I haven't put in 30 years of making turkeys and pies to justify going out to eat for Thanksgiving.  I felt like I needed to put on a feast; it's only once a year that you have to make this big dinner anyways so I told her just to show up with the drinks and I'd take care of the rest (with the exception of Blake making my mashed potatoes).  Honestly, I did a lot of prepping and making on Wednesday so it ended up being a yummy, not so stressful meal. 


My friend gave me a yummy recipe for a turkey in a brown bag.  It was delicious and could have been even more delicious if I hadn't over cooked it.  It wasn't dry by any means, but I think it cooked for about 30 minutes to long.  We enjoyed this bird along with stuffing, veggies, potatoes, rolls, jello salad, pies.  The best part was we had lots of leftovers.  I love the leftovers!


Blake's brother came into town for the weekend and so the rest of the Holiday weekend we spent with his family.  We went bowling; must be a tradition because it seems like we always end up bowling during the holidays with his family.  I can't believe that is really Sophie in the picture:(  She looks so big sitting with the big girls.


Allie loves bowling these days


Allie and Brynn


We love having Jane around.  I wish she lived closer to help me out with my little ones. She is such a HUGE help and Allie just adores her


One tradition that we have kept alive for years is hitting up the Holiday tree lighting on the Grove.  One more year of tree lightings


After the tree lighting we went for hot cocoa and then everyone headed to the cars.  When we got to our car, we realized we had a few too many kids with us.  We packed in like sardines until we caught up with the other cars and could unload a few.  Three is nothing like the Holidays when you just get to play and have fun with the family!!!

0 comments: