Saturday, December 3, 2011

Xmas Tree Hunting

December has hit and the time has come to trek out and cut down a tree.  We had missed out on the fun last year due to Sophie being so little.  We were excited to head out into the cold to find that perfect tree!


We headed out with the Givens 


The kids were troopers and headed right up the mountain with us to hunt for trees


Allie hiking along


The kids had a blast running down the road and sliding in their snow pants


Posing for a cousin pic


Cam and Allie hanging on the side of the road eating snow, life doesn't get much better


My good hubby hiking out with my tree...here is the story behind it.
Well....it was taking us some time to find a good tree.  The trees were either to bare in spots, to tall, etc. etc.  Really, you feel like you need that perfect tree.  Well, Blake and I ran up a mountain to look.  He told me he was going to the top to see what he could find.  In the meantime, I found a tree that I was satisfied with.  Blake couldn't hear me holler to him because he'd gone over the mountain.  About 30 minutes later Rod started to follow Blake's footsteps and go on a search to find him because we were a little worried he hadn't returned.  A while later I heard both boys hollering down to us that Blake was alive and he had hiked in a few miles to find me the perfect tree.  


Blake and that perfect tree he found for us


Nothing like coming home, putting up that perfect tree, decorating it, snuggling up in Christmas PJ's and sipping hot cocoa.  Tis the Season!!!

1 comments:

Owen's Blog said...

Looks like fun! We will all have to go next year! Merry Christmas!