Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter has come and gone!

We had a great Easter weekend. We made it out to an Easter Egg Hunt with Allie's friends Owen and Macy. I think the economic recession had an impact on our egg hunt. There was a lot of eggs with a majority of them being filled with little toys. The only candy was the tootsie rolls they just threw all over the grass. Who needs a lot of candy anyways...just mom who was a little disappointed that there wasn't any chocolate.

Allie and Owen didn't need any pointers on what needed to be done

Allie wasn't to interested in the tootsie rolls laying all around...she just wanted eggs

I couldn't get these two to look up at me; they were to interested in there baskets

After the egg hunt we came back home to do our annual sugar cookie decorating and easter egg dying. Allie really got into things this year. She just loved helping me roll out the dough, cut out the cookies, frost the cookies, and of course eat the cookies. I don't think much dinner was had this night due to a belly full of cookies. We enjoyed dessert first.

In the midst of rolling out the cookie dough and cutting out our shapes. Allie became covered in flour (check out her face of flour)

We invited a few friends over for our cookie and egg party

Allie in her Easter dress. I was so excited that I found this dress...I traveled many miles to find this. Allie was excited that the bunny came and left her Hi-Ho-Cherio. She just loves this game right now.

I made my first carrot cake for our Easter Dinner dessert. It's our new tradition. It was so yummy and I learned that this cake is my husband and dad's favorite cake. Why have I never known this or made this before?

2 comments:

Marisa said...

What fun! I love Easter it is so bright and cheery and the kids are just so cute in their new Easter clothes!

nurseheather said...

too cute - love the pics and oh how i love the dress. mattea wore the same one for easter/father daughter ball. gotta love costco. great job on updating. can't wait to really get out and start enjoying this weather. we were at the park today. have you planted anything yet?