Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 5-Hole in the Rock and Bonfire

We had a fantastic Wednesday; I think if I had to pick it was my favorite day of the trip, hence all the pictures. We woke up and played a lot of rounds of Nertz.

Allie hung here with Papa while we took over the floor for Nertz

We did a lot of playing outside. Allie and the girls were having a great time in the sand. I was laying out in the sun soaking up some rays

I was also busy keeping my eye out for these little guys that were everywhere; hoping one wouldn't come crawling across me on the rocks

The girls were having fun playing kitchen. They enjoyed mixing water with the sand to make a muddy mixture so they could in turn make their food

The cookies are baking in the oven

Later in the afternoon we went to hike Hole-In-The-Rock. It is a 1 mile round trip hike on a rocky path that leads up to a narrow crack in the canyon wall

Blake climbing with Allie on his back. A little tricky at times but they succeeded

All of the kids at the top . Once you make it through the crack in the wall it is just wide open space all around

We decided to let Allie do a little rock climbing on the way back down. She just loved it and made it a majority of the way back down. I think it made easy for the little kids because they were so close to the rocks and just held on with their hands.

The little troopers, Allie and Cam

One family shot to say we all made it

Later that night we decided to make use of our fire pit and all of our cardboard in the trash. We were anxiously awaiting the boys to come and help us, but they were busy organizing the toys and repositioning the anchors on the boat. We girls couldn't wait any longer so Grandma Julia started up the fire

We got out the roasting sticks and made us some s'mores

Allie enjoying her chocolate treat

I ended up managing this fire for the remainder of the night. I'm glad that it stayed contained because every time I would through card board on top it would go crazy and ashes would start flying every where

To top the night off, all the girls took off down our canyon for a little skinny dipping.

0 comments: