Monday, June 29, 2009

Our Crazy Week

Well...we haven't been able to catch up since our trip to Lake Powell, so we'll just have to move on with life and back track later. Well, Allie and I had a busy week last week. Blake took off for a week long trip down the Middle Fork of the Salmon River (Let's just say he owes me this trip of a life time one day). Allie and I stayed busy swimming, frequenting the parks, and having play dates (No pictures of our week because Blake had the camera).

I was really worried that if something happened while Blake was gone I wouldn't be able to get ahold of him, since he was in the middle of the wilderness. Well Blake headed back home on Sunday. He called me when he had service for just a second to inform of what time to expect him back. Well, not 30 minutes later we had a little trip to the Emergency Room.....read on to see the details.

Blake and his friend Jon getting ready to hit the river

What more can you say when you get to fish every day

Blake's trip sounded so awesome! I was just imagining him floating down the river with some high class rapids, but the river beheld more that that. There was awesome wildlife- heards of mountain goats, deer grazing by their camp sites, and big horn sheep. There were natural hot springs that they hopped off to experience all along the river as well as Indian ruins to explore. The best part is one of the guys that was in Blake's group was a professional chef...you can't beat that.

Well on Sunday evening 3 hours before Daddy got home we landed in the Emergency Room. Allie and her cousins were jumping on the smaller sized trampoline. With 3 kids on the little tramp there isn't that much give for them to bounce high. Well a few minutes into jumping I hear a horrible hurt scream coming from Allie. I looked out to see her climbing down off the tramp just holding her left arm. She continued to cry, complain, and not use her left arm for quite a long time...which if anyone knows Allie; it was not Allie. She wouldn't even grab her cup to drink her mimi (a.k.a. milk).

I got her loaded up in the car to head to the E.R. and she immediatly fell asleep. I thought that maybe I would just go lay her down for the night and we would wait until the morning and take her to the Pediatrician. When we got home and I tried to unload her from her car seat she just started screaming. Well we packed back up and headed to the Emergency Room.

Once we got there I think everyone was a little confused about why we were there and I myself was doubting my judgement. Allie was just enjoying the cartoons in our room and then when the Dr. walked into our room she reached out with her LEFT hand and grabbed her milk and procedded to drink. The Dr. was like, "Looks like she's using that arm quite well; it is the left arm right?" He then decided to get an x-ray to check things out. Well sure enough we have 2 buckle fractures, the big one on her radius and the small one on her ulna. The Dr. splinted and sling'd Allie and we will follow up with Dr. Buzz when the swelling goes down

It was quite the adjustment for Allie not being able to use her left arm; eating food, going to the bathroom and just trying to have her not running and jumping around. We have done a bath and I thought I was doing a good job bagging the arm until I turned my back and Allie dunked it under the water. Let's just say we'll be double bagging next time.

Our clean cute kiddo cleaned up after the bath

On a side note....I can't believe we got to have our creamed peas and potatoes so soon this year. Last year we were eating this dish in the middle of July

0 comments: