Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 6, Tubing, A Snake, and Clear Creak

The water activities continued and what an adventurous day we had. The water was once again like glass so we decided to head out early before the wind decided to pick up later


Allie and I ready to ride on the Ion. I just love this tube. You start out getting whipped back and forth and continue getting bounced around everywhere. Allie again, just loved this ride.


Later we turned on the water to the slide on the back of the boat. I couldn't ever get Allie to go down with me, I think there was too much of a drop off

Then, we all went swimming off the back of the boat

Allie joined me for this activity. She enjoyed swimming with me until the wind started to pick up. We headed to the ladder on the back of the boat and that's where we encountered a nice surprise

A SNAKE!!! I hate snakes and to meet one in the water through me into a panic. I swam over to let Allie climb up the ladder onto the boat and we were met with this snake wrapped around one of the steps. I started swimming as fast as I could to the other side of the boat, hoping this thing wouldn't take off after me. My heroic husband came and got it off the steps, and took off with it far down the canyon.

Later in the evening we drove the boats down to Clear Creak for a little hike

Two years ago, the water was 25 feet lower and so we weren't able to get up to this point. We hiked a few hundred yards and were met with this little murky pool. There was also a rope and some slats in the rocky wall that led to another path on top. A few people made it up and the rest of us stayed behind to play in the sand

Blake attempting to climb the rope and Carson using the slats. The rope ended up being to difficult, so everyone who went up used the slats

Allie enjoyed playing in the sand with her bucket and shovel

We all came back and were ready for another movie night. Here are all the girls in their sleeping bags and pillows ready for a show

0 comments: