Monday, September 14, 2009

1st day of Preschool

Allie started Preschool today and was she ever excited. She woke up and asked, "Do I go to school today?" When replied yes, Allie started clapping her hands and saying, " I go to school today, " and she started jumping and dancing around. She was very excited to say the least. When I went to pick her up she just was jabbering away about what she did, what she ate, painted, read, what kids did what, and about how no kids cried; sounds like they had a great time.

Here is our first official, "First day of School" picture

Allie got her backpack hung up the night before. When she woke up I had made her a Schultute (a German gift cone) with a couple of school goodies in it. I am into starting all these traditions for our family, due to the fact that I grew up with very few traditions. I think I am over- compensating in a way, there are getting to be so many, I hope we remember what all the traditions are I've started.

3 comments:

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

Very cute :). I don't think there is such a thing as too many traditions, and I know your kids will appreciate the effort you have put into creating them for your family!

IrishAngie said...

How cute is SHE?! I bet she's loving school, we'll have to have a play date soon with her and Dawson together. They can talk ABC's. Hope you're well, you're in my thoughts!

MEG said...

I want a list of all the traditions you have started (seriously, email me). We need to have more traditions in our family.