Monday, February 1, 2010

Goody's Ice Cream Reward

Allie is one determined child.  When something is put in front of her, she goes for it without looking back.  She doesn't stop until she get's whatever it is she is working towards.  So here was the habit we were trying to break:  Allie crawling into our bed every night around 4 or 5 a.m.  What to do about this problem?  Sticker Chart!!!  Allie loves these.  I don't know why I didn't come up with the idea earlier.  So the deal was that Allie had to sleep in her bed for 10 consecutive nights in order to earn this reward.  Well aren't we dumb parents; she had this down the first night.  I didn't realize the impact having her in my bed every morning for just a few hours had on me.  The first night I had the best sleep ever!   So needless to say Allie immediately took to our challenge and slept in her bed for 10 nights and on day 11 we got to go get ice cream.  


Checking out the pink ice cream-what more could she want


It disappeared pretty fast


Allie requested that Papa and Grandma come to celebrate in this event with her; who could pass up the invitation from a 3 year old


Papa bought her a new special teddy for Allie to sleep with at night.  
Great Job Allie!!!  You are so driven and determined, you continue to inspire me at such a young age.

1 comments:

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

In the 23 or so years that I have known you I have only met your Dad once or twice. He seems like an AMAZING Grandpa. I'm so glad for Allie that she has him close!