Saturday, September 4, 2010

Spirit of Boise Balloon Festival

We ventured out to the Spirit of Boise Balloon Festival with some friends to enjoy our last summer day in Boise.  The last time that I remember getting to see all of the hot air balloons downtown was when we had the Boise River Festival years ago.  The kids had a great time getting to see the balloons get blown up and light up as the dusk hours drew on.  Next time, I think I am going to have to wake the family up early to watch them take off at 7 am because I just love seeing them fill up the sky.  Hopefully one day I can also cross off "riding in a hot air balloon" off my bucket list; Blake knows this is on there and tells me that I have to wait till I'm old to enjoy this ride. 


Allie hanging out waiting for the action to begin


The first balloon to get blown up was M-I-C-K-E-Y  M-O-U-S-E


Allie so excited because they started to turn Mickey around so we could see his face


Getting closer.........and she can hardly stand it 


Mickey!!!  He came all the way from Disneyland to make an appearance at our balloon festival.  Great promoting on their part:)


I loved this one with the trees on it; it seemed appropriate for The city of Trees



Along with the balloons we were able to hang with some good friends


And daddy


To get ready for the balloons to light up the evening sky. We hope they bring the balloons back next year because we had a great time. 

0 comments: