Saturday, September 25, 2010

St. Luke's Woman's Celebration

I love participating in the St. Luke's Woman's Celebration.  In years past I have ran, walked, and have had Allie walk with me when she was just a few weeks old.  Considering my state of being 33+ weeks pregnant, I would not be running this year.  I was meeting up with some girls from work and decided that Allie was at an age that she could attempt to walk the race. I pumped it up weeks before, all the way up until the morning of, just so Allie was excited for the big race.  

Blake was out of town for boy scouts, so we turned the weekend into a girls weekend for Allie and I.  We went out to dinner on Friday night to the new McDonald's that opened up on the corner by our house.  I'm not a big fan of McDonald's, but Allie had been dying to check it out since it had just opened.  It was quite the McDonald's experience; we were unaware that it was the big opening night. We were greeted at the door by "Ronald," handed a balloon, and whined and dined with free smoothies throughout our night.  This was a dream come true for Allie and she has not stopped talking about how she met Ronald since this night.  After dinner, we enjoyed a night out shopping for baby sister and got to bed early to prepare for the big race.


My cute girl ready for the race.  She ended up doing AWESOME!!!  I was impressed that Allie did so well. We got to about mile 2.5 and Allie started to drag and get slightly whiny.  I carried her for just a minute and put her down where we overlooked the park below us where the finish line was.  She ended up walking the rest of the way and did great.  I was expecting many more instances like this throughout the race, but Allie proved me wrong for her first 5K



Allie wanted to keep her shirt on the rest of the day, she was so proud of herself.  We spent the rest of the day making our first batch of salsa for the season which Allie is proudly sitting by.  We were very excited to surprise dad when he came home because we have been out of homemade salsa for a few months and he has been dying for our tomatoes to come on so we get to making more. 

0 comments: