Tuesday, February 15, 2011

3 Months Old

Do I dare say that I finally love my baby!  Sophie has been an especially difficult newborn to say it frankly, she has had such a sad life with her belly and reflux issues, she was constantly wearing a frowny face.  I am not a fan of the newborn stage and love when I finally get a response that there is a sign of life in my babies.   Sophie has made it to that stage!!!   She has been up to quite a bit just this last week.  She started smiling  awhile ago but they were pretty infrequent.  Now, she is constantly smiling all day long.  It makes me happy to see her smile; because of all her tummy issues it just makes me think she is at least enjoying life a little bit more.  She also just over the last week has started to hold on to toys, started to roll onto her side and has come very close to getting herself onto her belly.  The best present she gave me last night for Valentines Day was she started to laugh hysterically.  It was so cute and it was over the dumbest thing but she just kept laughing at me.  It was so cute!!!  My favorite thing that you are doing is cooing, if I call it that.  You love to tell your stories to mama and I love to sit and listen to you tell them to me.  Here are a few favorites pics of you lately.  



Laying around "talking at mama"


Sitting around enjoying life without a frown


I love your chunkiness, I don't think Allie was ever this chunky.  I think I have found myself nursing you just to console you because you haven't taken a binky, so the extra milk has chunked you up



You also just started to splash your feet in the water during your baths.  You love your tubby time!



My favorite thing about getting your hair wet is the fun " curly horns" I can make with your hair on the sides.  Your hair is so long; (it's thinning out) it is long enough we can put berets in it


Rolling onto your side after the bath


Just a cutie


Since you don't take a binky I have tried to get you to attach to something; words of advice from the wise.  Well a good friend gave you "Ele" as we call her.  You attached to this thing from day one.  You love to suck on her ears, chew on the trunk and rub her silky blanket across your face.  In fact, you love it so much mommy bought a few more to have as back-up.  You always calm down immediately when you have Ele close by


We never had a bumbo around when we had Allie so I am not quite sure when to start putting you in this, but we got it out the other day



You liked for all about 5 minutes and then weren't having it.  Guess we'll try again later.  Sophie I am so glad that you are getting to be a happier girl.  I love you so much and I am so glad to have you in my life.

1 comments:

Brit said...

Oh Kim, she's so cute! Do I know about hard, cryin' babies?! My 2nd was also really hard and cried constanly! I hope for you that she continues to be happier and happier. We're just now getting to a good place with Max and he's 2. I think he's just a more sensitive little guy about everything. E-mail me if you ever need anything!