Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rock Climber

After Allie's ballet class, Allie wanted to be done with dance for awhile (with the exception of her dance camp).  Allie really wanted to try out gymnastics and karate.  I am not totally opposed to these options that she has chosen but I just think of the years we have ahead and the cost of the activities that she will really want to participate in when she's older.  So, I looked into some activities that we are able to experience at the YMCA where we have a membership and discount to the activities because of our membership.  Allie was more than thrilled when I told her that she was going to be in a Monkey Climb class.



My little monkey with her harness.  Allie has been my monkey from a very early age so I knew she would just love this four week class



We told Cam and Brynn to come and join us for the class, it's always better with cousins right?



The first day the kids just worked on climbing up the ladder and gaining confidence in this area



And before I knew it, Allie was quickly half way up



The best part after climbing up the ladder was getting a BIG swing ride after.  Way to go my monkey girl!

0 comments: