Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rollerskating

We accomplished a family goal that we had set out to do together and as a reward we got to go rollerskating.  Allie was just thrilled about the idea and I was thrilled that there was a rink still around.  I don't know what it is about rollerskating rinks that screams "white trash" to me, but it does all down to the classy skates, the DJ, the snack bar, etc.  Maybe I have a little "WT" in me, but the rink brought back many fond childhood memories and I'm glad I could introduce my Allie to create her own memories.  We all had such a great time!


Allie ready to hit the rink in her skates.....the skates never change 


It started out a little rocky for Allie.  She was afraid to let go of the wall or one of us.  Two things that helped us out this day.  1) There was a little ledge around the inside perimeter of the rink and Allie was able to hang on to this while she skated 2) We had Sophie in her stroller and Allie was able to hold onto this and skate while pushing


Everyone got to join in on the skating party.  Sophie enjoyed the ride in the stroller


They played all the classic games on the rink the day we were there....Hokey Pokey on skates is a little tricky so daddy was helping Allie out


Put your right hand in.....put your right hand out


Do-se-do with daddy



Me and Sophie enjoyed our skating together....Soph loved her ride and fell asleep in the stroller.  One more classic game that I enjoyed was a race around the rink.  It first started out with the wee little ones racing around the rink once.  They continued breaking up the age groups for races until they got to the adult group.  Was this for real....I got to race....you bet I was in.  Blake choose to sit back with the kids and cheer me on from the side lines.  I better get to practicing my mad skating skills because I only came in 2nd place....next time I hope to be 1st :)


Soph on her first skating trip.  I'm so proud of everyone for accomplishing our goal.  I'm especially proud of Allie for reminding us every night and being so enthusiastic with her attitude.  Love you guys!

0 comments: