Monday, September 3, 2007

Allie's First Birthday Party

Well, Allie had her official 1st birthday party. I decided to make the party theme butterflies and flowers. I found some cute plates at the dollar store that had both butterflies and flowers on them. I made Allie two butterfly cakes and Blake and I had a little competition with our decorating skills. Well, Blake was able to view my cake first and make his even better, so I thought. For the middle body of the butterfly I used twinkies covered in frosting. We actually ended up giving Allie a twinkie for "her" cake. She devoured this thing and was an absolute mess. Well the first birthday party was a success. Thanks for all the family support that we have, Allie loves having all of you so close; she is one lucky girl!

Dad played a mean trick and tied my balloons to the back of my romper
Allie showing us that she is "1" with her finger. Don't think she's that smart...that was a total fluke for her photo
And here are the two butterfly cakes. Blake decorated the cake on the left, and mine is the cake on the right.


Allie warming up to the fact that she loves twinkies covered in frosting. By the end it was all gone.


Allie and her shopping cart that she got from cousin Cam.

3 comments:

Kami said...

Hey Kim and Blake..it's Kami Bahnmiller (Hallmark). How are you guys doing? Your daughter is cute..looks just like Blake. I can't believe how fast they grow..my daughter will be 1 in a couple of weeks. Well it looks like you all are doing well! We have a blog to if you want to check it out. Have a great day!

Just Only Me said...

What a cute idea to decorate Twinkies with frosting for the cake! It's just the perfect size and doesn't sound like there wouldn't be enough cake left over for too big of a mess! I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Krisser said...

Happy Birthday Allie- you're lucky to have such talented cake-decorating parents! Looks like everything was a smashing success Kim! You guys are lucky to have so much family close-by!