Thursday, July 31, 2008

Roaring Springs

We spent a few hours at Roaring Springs the other day when Allie's friend Dawson came into town. I am really glad that Allie was free of charge. I don't think we will be revisiting until next year. Allie wouldn't go on any of the slides, minus the one she could go down with Papa. She kept running out of the water saying "cold" and would go lay down on the chairs in the sun to warm up. We did make it around the lazy river in a tube with Allie on my lap and that was relaxing. We could have stayed there all day. We took a little break mid way through our water fun and had a picnic dinner with everyone. After we went back for a little bit more fun in the kiddie area. I got Allie to crawl through the water tunnel and she quite enjoyed that. Before long I called it quits and we headed home.

Allie braving it down the slide with Papa. There is only one slide in the kiddie area that adults are allowed to ride down with the kids....this is it

Allie enjoying her watermelon

Dawson went climbing up the pole...so Allie in turn had to have some one help her up and she enjoyed hanging there too

Allie braving it through the tunnel. My fearless child is turning out to be not so fearless anymore... I couldn't get her to do anything in the water, she was being quite the baby

3 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Allie is such a cute, cute little girl. Love the pole picture, she looks so proud of herself.

nurseheather said...

i agree -i took the girls a couple of weeks agao for only a couple of hours. they weren't cold at all but i was paranoid because it was hard to keep track of them both and mattea refused the slides so we'll try maybe next year...

Slades said...

kim, Your daughter is GORGEOUS!! I am so so happy for you. It looks like life is so good and you're really happy. I have missed you so much and wondered for a long time how things are. I am so glad we can blog and keep in touch. Time has flown by.