Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Big Girl Bed

Well, this is a very over-due post but I wanted to get it up. We got Allie transitioned over to her big girl bed in July. Thanks to Uncle Rod and Aunt Katie for hauling up Allie's new bed set from IKEA in Utah.

It took a bit of time and a couple of adjustments before she was used to her new room. When Allie had her crib, she was climbing out and coming into our room all of the time...she is a cuddly little girl and loves to snuggle up to mom and dad to sleep. So after a few weeks of still waking up in her big girl bed at night, we got her a body pillow and a side rail. The combination of both of these with time did the trick. Allie now sleeps through the night in her bed, or comes to visit us around 5 or 6 and sleeps for a few more hours in our bed.

The big girl bed and dresser

We moved all the toys upstairs to Allie's room...we love being toy less downstairs

If you look really close, you can see "sleeping beauty" in bed

1 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

I don't know why my blog account never lets me know when you guys update. Whenever I check your blog you have like 5 more posts!

Anyway, super cute bed. I'm glad she's getting use to it better and better. That's one transition that frustrates me. I would rather tackle potty training to be honest!