Saturday, September 6, 2008

Family Fun at Boondocks

We had some more F.F. with Blake's whole family over the weekend. The occasion for the family get together was for Natalia's (one of Blake's little sisters who just turned 8) baptism.

Friday night Blake's brother Scott rolled into town with his family from Utah and we just bummed around the rest of the night. Saturday afternoon we had the baptism which was wonderful. It made me think back to the day that I was baptized and stirred up a lot of emotions. I have never been able to not shed a tear when the Primary Songs are sung by the young kids. The Primary of the Church have such a neat spirit and anytime I hear them sing, I can't hold in my emotions. My crying continued as I heard Allie singing parts of "I Am A Child Of God, " which we sang as the closing song. It was so cute to just watch her sing and realize that she is catching on to the things she is taught at home and church.

After the baptism, we had a little celebration at Boondocks. It was actually quite fun despite the many things that Allie couldn't participate in. She was a good sport. We actually ended up leaving the park at 11:30 pm; we had honestly just lost track of time, had no idea it had gotten that late, and the kids were all doing relatively well. We enjoyed some miniature golf, bumper boats, multiple races on the racetrack, the jungle gym inside, and some arcade games.

Warren, Allie, and Cam getting ready to golf-another one of Allie's first sports that she has tried out recently. I need to remember....girls and sports with balls at this age....don't mix so well

Definitely sporting her "girliness" through and through for this sport. Warren and Cam had great hand-eye coordination from the get go. Allie on the other hand, could not get the hang of hitting the ball with the club

When I told Allie she needed to hit the ball into the hole, this is what she would do on every hole. She would initially hit the ball, with assistance. Following the first hit, she would pick up her ball, walk it to the hole and drop it in, then quickly take it back out

Enjoying some arcade games with Dad

Riding the dump truck with Warren

Enjoying a game of hoops with Cam. These two had quite the advantage as they were ontop of the game shooting their baskets

3 comments:

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

I totally agrea about primary songs. They are my favorite :)!

nurseheather said...

Definitely looks like she was having a good time - i can't believe you were out until 1130 - did you have a grumpy girl on your hands?

Marisa said...

How fun! Baptism are so special. Allie looks so cute trying to golf too... don't judge her too much, that's how I golf too and I'm almost 28!